So, with the “huge storm” we were supposed to get (but got ice instead) I figured I’d list my Top 5 Reasons Why Snow Rocks!
5. The world stops. One of the things I love about living in the central/south-eastern part of PA, is we get a lot of snow, but no one around here knows how to deal with it. Schools close. Business run at minimal staff or even close. So everything shuts down and you get to sit at home and just enjoy it.
4. It appeals to the idealist in me. I have this naive/idealistic notion that for a split second, when the first snowflake hits the ground, that all is perfect in the world… I know it’s dumb, but I like to pretend, so don’t ruin my little world…
3. Snow forts. And snowball fights. Do I really need to say anything else?
2. It brings people together. When the snow falls, people tend to be friendlier to their neighbors, more willing to help out, and things like that.
1. Fires & Blankets. There is nothing like you and your family (or friends for all of us single people) sitting in front of a fire, or wrapped in blankets just hanging out and playing games.
Any I missed? what are your favorite things about snow? Leave a comment with yours!!!